Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody. i was scouting around yesterday and found what looks like a good spot. i parked at the dirt road and walked into the over grown clear cut. after about 100 yards the big thicket ended and it dropped into a small creek. there was rubs EVERYWHERE!!!!!.....from last year ofcourse. there was a travel corridor that crossed the road, went through the clearcut, through the clearing between the clearcut and creek, and crossed the creek. from what i could tell the deer were coming through pretty regular. i want to put a stand on the clearing in which the corridor runs through but im not sure what kind of stand. I have a climbing stand, a ladder stand, and a groung blind. what should i use? btw i am guna b bow hunting.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
a stand in the clearing will stick out big time your better off in the cover

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your terrain and cover is in big contrast to what we have here in WV, but I have to go with what Joel the Sign Man suggests. Get into the cover with the ability to watch all those trails and corridors. Cut several shootin lanes. Now is a great time to cut out some of those big limbs out of your way and it will give the woods and deer a chance to recover after you messed with their living room. Don't be surprised if mister big comes in from behind you. Your choice of trees will dictate what stand to use. You'll fully appreciate your ladder stand if you have too may limbs to use your climber. Don't clear too many limbs or you'll expose yourself and maybe kill what can become a sacred tree.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts