Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here thinking about changing their choice of sabot for their deer hunting?
daddus

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nope...I dont really hunt with a shotgun anymore. When I do take a shotgun I use Hornady SST slugs in a Remington 870 20 gauge with rifled deer barrel. They're accurate and flat shooting.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Nope...I dont really hunt with a shotgun anymore. When I do take a shotgun I use Hornady SST slugs in a Remington 870 20 gauge with rifled deer barrel. They're accurate and flat shooting.
100% love the sst slugs.use my 12ga for hog hunting and have it dialed in at 50yds.3 shots at target just one big hole.I have heard some using the dixie tri-ball.never used them some say they love them.Ill stick with my hornady SSTs

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've only used Remingtons accu tip slug [12 ga, 3 in], I forget the exact name but they look like they have an alien capsule on the tip. I only shot one deer with them (didn't get a shot last year during gun season). The slug passed though the big doe tearing up both sides of the rib cage and everything in between. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tth,
I'm all about experimenting with all loads, do they make your"alien pod"
in a 2 3/4" 12 ga?
daddus

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WD,
I guess that's the one, I'll buy a box or two and see how they shoot compared to the Hornady SST's I usually use. Thanks Wisconsin deer!
daddus

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HM,
Just looking at what is mentioned here might be a good starting point but take your wallet, It can run 2 to 2.25$ per shot. Let us know how you make out and good luck.
daddus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts