Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just purchased a new savage 3006 and I was wondering if any one has any views on this gun and info or experince would be appreciated??

·
Registered
168 Posts
I take it has the accutrigger? Savage rifles are very accurate. The actions are not as smooth as more expensive rifles but the shoot just as good.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Savage also just come out with the accustock which is supposed to greatly improve accuracy I don't know if the one you bought is of this model or not but they sound like great rifles I have heard great things about the accutriggers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys thanks for the info i am going to go out and shoot it tonight it came with a bushnell sharpshooter 3 -9 x 40 scope is that any good??

G

·
typically the scopes are barely borderline with those combo deals. i own 2 savage rifles and like them both not to mention i have their muzzle loader. one rifle came with a scope which i promptly replaced.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Scope choices down the road...

I just talked to a guy that opened a new gun store the other day and we talked about the new Savages. His comment was that it may difficult to re-scope when you want to upgrade the scope later. The setup that Savage uses require a lot of ring spacing on the scope, and it has proved difficult to replace the scopes that came with the rifles. Enjoy the new rifle and just have fun....

Karl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts