Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how but I talked the wife into letting me buy a 30 acre hunting paridise. It's about a half mile from where I killed the 10 point last year. I know it's only 30.4 acres but it is surrounded by a 800 acre pine plantaion and the whole area is loaded with deer and turkey. It is an old farmstead where the house burnt down 30 years ago and it's just been sitting there since.

This is what it looked like last winter.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google Earth

The rectangle on the left is 13 acres of pines, I have a bulldozer coming next Sat. to cut in some food plots. I promissed the wife to clean up the front where the house site and barn is but the back is all hunting.

R

·
0 Posts
I had to do a double

I had to do a double take when I read the title of this post since it's asuelbtoly frigid here and the thought of going camping has long passed! I'm beyond jealous that you sit in a t-shirt outside lol. It looks like you, John and Bally had a fantastic time though, loved seeing your pics on instagram!xo jen

R

·
0 Posts
With the professiona

With the professionals of your work comp vest there are neigatves. The principle disadvantage is the fact that a lot of compensation vests are not U.Utes. Coast Shield approved. As these life vests will be thinner, light, and let a new richer flexibility, they do not match the particular credentials of Coast Protect authorized life jackets. Even so, several high-quality workers comp vests are nevertheless skier accepted all of which will make certain you keeping the vehicle safe because you enjoy optimum flexibleness while you wakeboard.Some sort of plastering job may either be given by mouth and also down on paper or maybe associated with construction plans. Plasterers usually work on their own nonetheless there are a few firms that offer this specific repair also. The plastering employment may also be suffering from a critique regarding velocity regarding finish along with excellent.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations!! looks like nice whitetail country...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations bro, nothing like a piece of land in the woods. What are your future plans for it?
We may build a house and move there in 3 or 4 years, hopefully set it up for retirement, right now I hope to get a crop in the ground for resale and set up as a working farm rather than a hobby farm for tax purposes.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Buckshot, I'm seeing a 1800 sq ft log cabin, natural stone fireplace, matching log barn. :whistling: Thats a real nice looking property. You'll be watching deer/turkeys feeding in the food plots from the back porch.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hunting man you are on the right track there, I'm not sure about the log house there is a lot of insects to fight in Tennessee. A big fireplace inside and we also want a fireplace and an outdoor kitchen on a covered patio. We are going to take our time and try to get just what we want.

The wife wants a yurt and retire tomorrow! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Many light years ago, I built a log cabin in Michigan out of standing red oak timber. The only bug problems I encountered were powder post beatles. They can do some major damage if left untreated. It took about 2 years of spraying to get all them. I even went as far as injecting the holes with a needle full of bug killer to try to kill them.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Congrats on the new place Buckshot. It looks to make a fine place to retire and enjoy hunting on. Good luck on getting all the work done.

Ive hunted Meigs county several times with my uncle in years past.

·
Registered
799 Posts
WOW!!!

your going to be needing a new best friend

On a more serious note,
your going to be needing a new best friend

But seriouly, that looks like a great hunting ground. A big congrats!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After many delays the bulldozer has arived

the first day evening was spent on the house site. Next will be the new food plots and shooting lanes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts