Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
5,420 Posts
yeah bow hunting can be expensive but if you got a decent quality bow that shoots accurate for the $50 you are way ahead of the game. like joel said it all comes down tp personal preference. each piece of equipment you listed has its pros and cons. there is nothing wrong with what you plan to buy. after a couple years of bow hunting you may see something else you think you will like better but thats just how it goes. with a bow, accuracy and the quietness of the bow are very key. with a 50-60 lb draw weight, a quiet, accurate bow, you can kill any deer you want. no matter the brand of sight, release, or whisker biscuit

· Premium Member
5,420 Posts
its good to see you set up and ready to go. now its just practice, practice and little more practice. i think my bow is set on 63 lbs to. i like it a little low just because you are not straining a hemorroid trying to pull and hold it back. makes it much easier to shoot out of a tree stand in some awkward positions. good luck bow hunting this year.

1 - 3 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.