Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My names Matt, like yall i LOVE to hunt... its one of two things that i look forward to in the year... the other being college football... (ROLL TIDE) lol... ive really only been hunting 3 years... got back into it when i a little older... umm just moved hunting clubs... weve got nearly 4-5 thousand acres and a ton of fields and plenty of sign. and just got my first buck this year... it scored a 148 and a forth and weighed 190...ill try and tell the story later...

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Greetings from Vermont, Welcome....

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
how you doin? welcome to the site sit back and enjoy Nice buck by the way

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Story

Well my step dad had shot a small 6 point on the field a week earlier and had asked me where i wanted to hunt and said the spot he killed it last week... he had been hoping to go there again on the day i went and i almost let him have it... but neways there was a pretty large scrape right off the green field and just to where you couldnt see it.. so i set my doe pee up in a tree in the middle of the field and climbed up to my stand... i had stayed up the night before and fell asleep in my stand ( im a light sleeper) i woke up every 5-10 min and looked around.. nothing... keep in mind the wind was howling that day... finally i woke up and all i could see were antlers near the ground cuz there was a tree and some brush blocking my view... when i reached for my gun i hit the barrel on the side of the shooting house (barely) and he looked up straight at me while i was looking in my sights.... shot him in the lower part of the neck and he dropped were he was...

didnt realize i was going to write a novel... sorry...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
we like deer novels dont worry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts