Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Kansas from Louisiana From heavy woods with 40 yd shotgun hunts to open fields. Any Kansas hunters have any tips. I am Hunting WIHA as I do not have land or belong to a club? Also Hunting west of Wichita around Pratt. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hey WhoDat and welcome to the DHC glad to have you. All I could tell you about hunting in Kansas is, well, c'mon man it's Kansas, big deer everywhere LOL. Good Luck buddy.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Greetings from Vermont, welcome to the Club!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome to the site! I moved to western Kansas almost 5 years ago. I've learned alot and learn something new every year. First and foremost is you will see whitetails in areas that doesn't look like "whitetail country". From open grain fields to prairie grass and sand hills. But still you need to look for "cover" In the sand hills this is the most rugged hills you can find. But where you are hunting, between Pratt and Wichita, look for creek bottoms next to agriculture land, they love alfalfa and corn. you will need a rifle as most shots will be 100+ yards. Pratt sandhills wildlife area has a lot of deer probably won't see any trophies but guarentee you'll see deer. Scout the areas because some WIHA are not worth the money spent on them. check out the wildlife areas(go to KDWP website)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts