Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Greetings from VA! I'm actually from Rockingham County in Western VA. Right around Harrisonburg. I've seen several women become deerslaying machines with those Parker Sidekicks. Hell, my friend's girlfriend has a pink one and shot more deer than I did last year. Good to see a fella bringin' his woman into the sport. Let me know if you 2 ever get interested in hunting up this way. Be it public or private land, me and my friends (we're also 23 and 24) turn my house into a practical deer camp for 90 days a year :) glad to see some other people from VA on here. Thought I might've been the only one. lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Virginian's united indeed. I actually have family that lives in Goochland, and I lived in the West End of Richmond for a few years after high school. I've been coming down every season for a bowhunt and for the 3 days after Christmas for shotgun season, and I've killed exactly one deer down there in my life. The dogs never run the deer my way. The one I killed was a decent 8pt with my bow, and i was just trying to figure out where I was on the lease. lol. But yeah the hunting up here is definitely different but I scout hard to try and figure out where the bigger deer are. Idk if you'd heard about the decline in the deer kill up here but its gotten rough. That being said, I only hunt with my bow around here. My friend and I video all our stuff and try to put dvds together and whatnot. Anyways, I'm rambling. I could bs about hunting for days. Good luck on your endeavors and let me know if I can be of any assistance!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ms. Charmer, We each have a Panasonic HD palmcorder with 42x zoom. Usually we mount one to the tree pointing at the shooter the whole time, and one above the cameraman pointing down to get both of us. Our main camera is a Canon SLR something or another that we got used for like 1k. we havent submitted anything yet. We're documenting 3 full deer and turkey seasons and then putting that together. I just feel like, as a producer, I'd be way more impressed if someone sent me footage of them knocking down big bucks year after year as opposed to a couple of fluke bucks. I actually got me shooting a 152" 10 pointer with my bow on public land on film last november. By myself. It's tough stuff but itsss sooooooooo worth it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
haha. its still private. to be perfectly honest, we layed the smack down on turkeys this spring, but a lot of it was on the palm corder which has auto focus and doesnt always focus on what you want it to. Well there's that, and neither of us can figure out the editing software very well. we thought we had, but when we put it on dvd, it was all twitchy. Idk. We are most definitely not computer people. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.