Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone names stephen and I just recently started hunting. I'm using a barnett quad 400 xbow with a 4x32 scope. I hunt in sw ohio really just learning the basics any of you more seasoned hunters have some good advice for this Young buck. Wish yall the best of luck this fall

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Stephen. I went to HS in Cincinnati and was born in raised in NE Ohio. Just read a lot, ask questions to seasoned hunters, and spend as much time as you can scouting year round. I come back to Ohio every year for the 7 day gun season. Just remember that a cross bow has no more distance than a good compound bow, so take safe, clear shots. Practice w/ your crossbow w/ broadheads on the bolts at different yardage. My Horton has a peep sight and pins, w/ a dial to adjust the peep for the yardage.

Good luck this year!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the morning hunt didn't go as planned no deer. Was hunting in Adams county not seeming to have much luck in that country. I have land in Preble county And was thinking about maybe planting some food plots what would yall recomend planting

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Stephen, welcome to the site. If you scroll through this site you will find all kinds of awesome info and help to get you the edge. Check out the FOOD PLOT forum too.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Greetings from Vermont, Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yea I do not plan on taking any shots over about 40 yards no reason to take a chance on injuring a deer with a bad shot. I have done some scouting around my two places in preble county have seen some tracks and in one place a ton. Not seeing any rubs or scrapes tho. Big buck where did u attend hs at n cincinnati I went to franklin about 35 miles north of cincinnati and 30 south of dayton

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went to Sycamore in Blue Ash, OH. When I lived there I bow hunted all over SW Ohio, but did most of my gun hunting in Harrison county. My dad lived in Brookville until recently moving out to Colorado. Killed a nice 9 point buck 4 years ago just outsided Brookville. I wish I could get back to Ohio more often to bow hunt but at least I make it back every year for gun season. Although my hunting party has gone from 5 to 2 now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts