Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
bolth will do the job. out of the 2 you have, and given the fact that you say the shots will not be any longer. i would say go with the mossburge. if that range you gave is due to lack of faith in your shot, not deturmaned by terain, i would say get some optics and a longer barrel. then the mossburge will be able to reach out a little ferther. reason i say this is because i personaly have 2 hunting rifles. one is a .270 WSM with a 3x-9x scope on it, and a mossberg 500 with a 1.5x-5xby32mm and a 26" aftermarkit smooth boar barrle. Any time im not hunting in a location were shots over 100 yards are likley i prefure to bring the 500. pluss there are locations were there is shotgun only so its nice to have the 500 well equiped for hunting. hope that helps.
oh and just incase you were wondering about the 100 yard thing. the way my 500 is set up, just because i take the .270 were i know that long shots are likely dont mean that i dont trust my 500 (the way its set up, not stock) to reach out past the 100 yard mark if need be, or that i would pass up a good clear shot at say 150yards. im just saying at that range the .270 would be better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.