Deer Hunting Forums banner

New Guy

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  scribe 
#1 ·
Hello- I am new on here, first post. I am an old guy (67 hard years, sometimes violent years) with over a half century of deer hunting across this country, Canada and Mexico. I also had several years guiding deer, elk and bear hunters.

I am semi-retired, just work when I feel like it and spend the rest of the time, hunting, fishing, reading and playing with the grandkids.

Until serious injuries and a bad illness hit, four years ago, I mostly bowhunted. Now I shoot a crossbow during archery season and mzl and rifle when open. I have stopped being a trophy hunter. Have killed my share of "bone" and now hunt completely for the enjoyment of it and the meat for my family and others. This year, I have four with the crossbow, one with a mzl and two with rifle-one small and one mdeium buck. The rest does. I am about done.

Now. You know all about me. Questions welcome.

Scribe

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I find I have time on my hands this time of year, too early to start fishing and still a month of deer season left but the freezers are full. So I thend to browse some.

What part of KY is Breck Co?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Some years ago I did seminars at a hunting show in VT. I can't remember the town but it was held in a hockey complex. I really enjoyed it and the young lady I hired to help run my booth was a real sweetie. Wish I was 40 years younger and coule remember her name. :) Beautifull country up there.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Bruce-I just remembered the name of the town in VT. It was St. Albans.

And Turner, Where in TN?

rdrader- I spent a few great years in the Hill Country around San Saba, Llano and Lampasas. That was my learning period in professional rodeo and I day worked on a lot of ranches to survive. I also lived in Austin for a couple years, went to school there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.