Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just found this Site today and liked what I saw. I'm relatively new to hunting, in that Ive gone a couple of years but never got to tag any yet.

I just started bow hunting this year and like it so far. I missed a nice doe this past Saturday that I'm still fuming about. Had her stopped broadside about 15yrds away and was ready to shoot her. Problem was I couldn't see her due to my eyeglasses conveniently fogging up. Learned to take my glasses off from now on, gonna have to get some Contacts I guess.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Joe

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Welcome from Tennesee! sounds like you got the hard part down, that's getting close. good luck

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Hello and welcome from Ohio. Eye glasses are a problem at times. I've had to wear them almost 48 years and now with bifocal needs it just blows. If you can shoot without them great! I hate bow hunting using a brimmed hat but with eye glasses it helps to keep rain/snow off. For fogging there are several products out there to spray on and wipe off that helps glasses/scopes from fogging.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Joe welcome from NH
I had the same problem a couple years ago w/ glasses fogging I now wear contacts much easier just make sure you put them in about 1/2 hour before heading out sometimes when you first put them in they are blurry for a little while but I wil not hunt w/ glasses again

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Greetings from Vermont Joe,,, Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
welcome Joe, from Missouri! I've had that same problem happen w/my rifle... fogging up. It's a pain...

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I purchased a new product over the weekend called Nu-View. It's a liquid anti-fogging and scratch filler for plastic/glass. probably a waste of $6 but I'll report on the fogging issue when weather cond provide the test. the booth guy did a steam condition test and compared to the not treated side there was a difference, who knows with these products.

G

·
I purchased a new product over the weekend called Nu-View. It's a liquid anti-fogging and scratch filler for plastic/glass. probably a waste of $6 but I'll report on the fogging issue when weather cond provide the test. the booth guy did a steam condition test and compared to the not treated side there was a difference, who knows with these products.
I'm a former Army Ranger and can vouch for this product. We used it on all of our optics, and the guy that owns the company is a Ranger Brother of mine. It works!! You should also try FrogLube on your weapons if you want to get them cleaner than they've ever been.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey joe ! Welcome from Kentucky, try rain-X ainti fog, yep it's for the inside of auto glass but works well, I don't wear glasses but do use it from time to time on the inside of my welding hood.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Keep trying,You'll eventually get one.I hunted for years before my first success with deer.Each one is a learning experience,especially the misses.As experience accumulates, the successes will come more frequently.Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts