Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My names Chris I am from Rhode Island. Ive been doing some more research this year trying to make some successful hunts this year. While doing so I stumbled on this forum. Seems like a great place! Wondering if there are any people on here from RI?

I started mainly upland bird but have changed over to Deer mainly over the past year. I haven't gotten a kill as of yet but I am hopeful this year is my year.

I go muzzleloader and shotgun seasons.

Also does anyone know of any ranges open during the seasons around here?

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I'm not from RI, just wanted to say Greetings from Vermont & Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome Chris, I am from Smithfield R.I. Not to many folks from RI that I have seen on this site. A lot of good guys from the northeast though.This is a great site with tons of great info do not be shy just ask!The state range hours are on Dem's website. I believe they are closed until Jan.Other than that you need to find a member of a club and shoot as a guest.Where are you from and where do you hunt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am from Cranston but I hunt down in Arcadia and Great Swamp. However I am starting to look into other areas for deer hunting.

I have found some scraps and bedding areas in Arcadia but with it being 13357 acres large and with all the upland bird hunters I have yet to find solid spots for deer.

I try to go as much as possible.

Thx for the Welcome!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Chris, you should look into george washington.It is large as well but I think you will find it easier to get away from the pressure of other hunters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts