Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new buck on camera, still a beautiful buck but looks like he's a cull....HOW OLD DO YOU THINK HE IS??? I know it's hard to tell on a front view but just wanted to see if anyone had a guess.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I'm not sure I would call this one a cull buck just yet and his age is also hard to say with these pics but I'm betting he's still real young..

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure I would call this one a cull buck just yet and his age is also hard to say with these pics but I'm betting he's still real young..

Yeah, I mean even if he was a cull I still couldn't take him out...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
he still got that long nose.but those antlers look good for NY im going 2, 2 1/2

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd say 2 1/2. The antlers are awesome though. I love how they have the waves in the points. Beautiful animal.

....iono....after looking again, he almost looks 3 1/2....the rack is thick and so is the neck...deer has a defined face too...

Either way I wouldn't cull him just yet. I don't think he will get many more points but the ones he has could get longer and thicker....i say wait and see....that would be a neat mount to have with about 15+ more inches on it, and even if it is a 3 1/2 yr old deer, if the nutrition is there he will fill out a bit more and might get there.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Judging by some of your other bucks you have in pics I will say he's a 1.5. He might grow into a good one someday.

·
Registered
562 Posts
even if he was a cull I still couldn't take him out...
Why? Hunting season over down there? I would shoot that sucker...doesn't look near as good as some of the other young bucks you have running around there.

On second thought...I would invite a buddy to shoot that deer. That way you don't have to waste a tag on him. I wasted a tag on a cull deer this year, and regretted it the next weekend.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, my grandpa won't let me go b/c he says and I quote "if I let you go then I will have to open it up to everyone else in the family" so yeah that is the sole reason why I can't shoot any of these deer...:crybaby:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts