Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out tomorrow to find the son a new bow package, mid priced. Any suggestions, remember down the middle on price. Bass Pro shop, Cabela's and Gander Mountain all are close. I'm having nightmares with him using my Mathews this week. Thanks HM

G

·
I like my PSE's but they all make a bottom, middle, and top of the line bows. A friend of mine just got a Martin. he likes it but says its a little heavy. The PSE Vengeance is nice although I'm not sure what they are going for these days.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
also take a look at the Reflex bighorn I am hopefuly picking mine up this weekend very comfortable not to heavy I am paying $425 completely set up unfortunately I can't tell you how it shoots but have heard all good things & it is supposed to shoot 300 - 305 FPS max

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a long day ended up getting the son a Bear Lightsout model bow from Cabela's. The package bows had too much junk equipment on them, so I built the bow up using Rip cord rest, sims products, Cobra Boomslang sight and all the other little necessities. I shot the bow and on the second shot centered the arrow through the first one. The indoor range is only 8yds. Cabela's gave me the two into one arrow to take home as a trophy. This is the only free thing Cabela's has ever offered me! If son dosen't appreciate Dad's present, I can set the bow up to fit me as a back up bow.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
If son dosen't appreciate Dad's present

If by chance he does not like it you are allowed to adopt me for a day!!! :whistling: I will be thrilled like a kid before disney land!!!

Im joking, it sounds like a pretty sweet set-up. Im sure he will enjoy.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as the son stays in college I don't mind getting him the bow. There is great hunting in s.Ohio right outside the college grounds. The reviews on the bow were pretty good, and it will reach about 300 fps. I'm sure it won't be good enough but that's my son.:boxing:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
WTG dad hope you both create some memories

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, here's my story.... I tried to shoot the new Bear bow this morning and the cable came off the idler wheel, got mad:thumbdown: took it back to Cabela's and got my money back. Then went to Bass Pro, increased my spending and got son a Bass Pro Toxik made by Diamond. The pro staff went as far as to shoot the bow, paper check it, get it on zero at 20 yds. Now son only has to shoot it and fine adjust things. I can't say enough good things about service at Bass Pro shop.:smile: Now we'll see if son likes it????

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
glad to hear prob was resolved.thats why i like the small shops though,they take the time to do it right the first time.considering how close it is to the season i'd say your lucky they did it so fast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts