Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to purchase a new bow but am having difficulties on deciding what brand to buy? so far i have it narrowed to to either bowtech, parker or matthews. i plan on using this bow for deer hunting of course but i would also like to get into bowfishing. any suggestions on what brand or even a specific bow to meet my needs?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think you have narrowed down to 3 good bows. I personally shoot a Parker Phoenix and honestly it has served me well BUT if I were going to buy a new bow I would consider one of the other bows you mentioned. There's nothing wrong with my Parker but when I hold a Mathews or a PSE or any of the other hi-end bows they seem more technologically advanced . I don't know what the prices are on the bows your looking at or what kind of money you want to spend but hold each one and shoot them if you can and you'll know when you pick up the bow for you. Well I guess I wouldn't buy a Mathews but only because everyone I know that shoots one is so smug and pompous that I don't want to be in that crowd. But they are good bows.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Well said Berk. The bow companies you listed are all good. Now it just comes down to which one feels better to you.

As far as adding the bowfishing attachments to it and how it would shoot I have not a clue which bow would be better.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!! I won't give you my Cadillac but I will sell you a Yugo at a great price!!!! I needed a good laugh today ----- Thank You!! Honestly all of the named bows would be a great choice. That was a really funny statement Berk.:w00t:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank yee fellas im still debatin on which bow to buy but i will let you know when i do pick one out.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Buy a Mathews for deer hunting. You need something lite for the fishing like an old white tail hunter. I always used low poundage for the fishing arrows.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
if your just gonna go bow fishing buy an older cheap bow.dont want to drop your$$$$$$$$$ hunting rig in the drink or rattling around in the boat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts