Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing to purchase a new bow. I have the option to purchase used a Bear white tail madness for 250. Includes case 12 arrows 12 broad heads, sights installed, stablizer. Or a new PSE White tail madness from Dicks. I would have to purchase a case, trigger, arrows broadheads. PSE states the White tail madness speed is 300 to 308 fps, and the bear is 290 to 296. Anyone that knows about these, which one would you suggest?

Kip Horton

R

·
0 Posts
hey kip welcome from nh. My first bow was a bear whitetail II middle of the road bow back in the 80's, but I'm not familiar with the newer bear bows. now I shoot the pse vengeance and the pse xforce. there are tons of good bows out there. the key is which one fits you and is most comfortable for you to shoot. the bows you mentioned are shooting more than fast enough to kill but speed is no substitute for good shot placement. I would recommend that you check for different dealers in your area and hold and shoot as many as you can before plunking down a pretty good chunk of change. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for so cheapest is seldom the best option.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey triple kip, I would have to say i think that a new bow is definitely the way to go but if your on a budget you can still find some good new bows for the $250 range... a buddy of mine got a new kodiak outdoors bow its fairly cheap and comes ready to shoot ( that being said its not a hoyt ) But yeah i have shot with him and its a dag on good bow for the price... whatever you do definitely shoot some new bows and shoot that used bow compare the differences... good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PSE Whitetail extreme

Purchased a PSE Whitetail extreme. And it's a good bow, because, when I was talking to my Dad and shooting, and dry fired it. It did not come apart. So, so embarrasing. I let a bow tech check it out and he said it was good to go, but not to do this again. could have been an expensive lesson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts