Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missouri

Just trying to find out what the hunting is like there.I'm in Pennsylvania and have never hunted out of state.I read a blog about Mid America Hunting Association having leased land in Iowa,Kansas and Missouri.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The deer are plentiful here in Missouri. There is no shortage. Great place to hunt and out of those three states, I'd rank them like this:
1. Iowa
1. Missouri
3. Kansas
(I and M tied)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
now that said- if you are wanting to hunt Missouri, I would stay in the Northern half. Southern MO does not have as many deer- but is still a great place to hunt.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In rifle season in PA on a 4 day hunt I will usually see about 10 deer.If I'm lucky there will be one legal buck (At least 3 points on one antler).This happens about every third year.I usually take at least 1 doe for the venison.How does this compare to a typical hunt in your area?Thank You.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Very similar. during the main firearms portion of the season I typically will see anywhere from 2-10 deer per day. Now granted, they won't all be shooters (to me) but there are plenty of deer here. Do you have some place in particular you are looking at in Missouri? Give me a county and I can see what their deer harvest numbers are and heck, I may know someone who lives in that county and they can give me a first hand information about the deer population there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey buddy, you don't have to go that far. Think about Maryland. Two bucks and ten does in most counties. The hardest part of MD hunting is getting permission. There is quite a lot of public land however. The deer are thick and there are some good bucks. I posted a picture in the big racks gallery of a 217 lb dressed critter i shot with a muzzle loader this year. I would really give MD a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.