Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
time will tell how good it is. got a long way to go before the season starts. get them to photobucket. left click the img code under the pic. goto my post and right click a menu pops up and left click paste.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this will give you some idea of what the trails look like this time of year for those of you that don't get much of this white stuff. hopefully the deer will be using the same basic trails this coming season.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
When we get a good snow I like to go follow the trails. It's a good way to see their current travel paths, we just don't get much of the white stuff.

Godd looking spot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres about 20" on the ground. its just getting started. the deer may leave and yard up else where but this should be a pretty good indicator of what will be happening next fall.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
ronn looks good, nice pictures. Less than a week to go for the last hunt. I hope PA has 2-3" of the white stuff. Ronn, when does the bucks drop their antlers in your area, mid Jan??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thats about right. the older biger bucks drop first. more wore out i guess. I'm hearing that bucks have dropped already in other parts of the country. not sure why so early but the local guys are thinking it was early as well.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I thought extereme cold weather contributed to the early dropping? Talked to my brother-in-law yesterday the UP of Michigan has already gotten 140" of measurable snow fall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the little spike kinda is a buck. thing is our season has been over for a few weeks and he made it through. there was a big set of tracks with a long stride in there hope to get a pic of whatever made those. looks like i have another place to really check out more closely.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thats the best pic of a deer trail Ive seen in the snow.. The most snow Ive ever got to hunt in was maybe 1 inch tops.. One of these winters Im hoping we get a good snow so I can see these highway trails like this.. Would be interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts