Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt in Jefferson Co. Georgia on my private owned land. Im havin some trouble tryin to figure out what to do.. Where i hunt i have a 5 acre bermuda hay field with a decent slope. At the bottom of the field are really think hardwoods for about 100 yrds then it opens up to a mature hardwood bottom.. the problem is it drops about 75 feet (n..early vertical) to a flat swamp bottom with a creek running thru it.. deer use this bottom as a funnel but im having trouble setting up the right way with this major hillside.. Any tips? (there is also i scrape line on top of hill and rubs all over) Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am rifle hunting but the farther i back off the lees of the swamp bottom i can see.. I have only had one deer come in on top of me and i generally see 2-3 does or small bucks in the botton each hunt.. deer are just changing how they work this area and i cant figure it out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i try not to go in the bottom unless i have to. A stand might could work but ive never been in the air so i dont know if it would make my view better or worse.. what is the best way to make sure in scent free?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will try with a climber.. i can get that in the woods without making alot of noise.. The hay field that i mentioned in the 1st post of this thread.. is it best to plsnt it or lrave it natural?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.