Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just bought a new bow to replace my old bow. i bought a PSE stinger, a fairly lowend bow. I dont know if itll help but im gonna give as much info as i can. the setup right now is 29'' draw @ 70LBS 85% letoff. I've shot about 100 shots through it fine. but now 3 days before the season opens i have a problem. towards the end of the draw right before the letoff occurs i get a loud clack and then goes to the letoff. i cant really tell where the clack is coming from but it is fairly loud and a deer will easly hear it.
any help will be greatly appreciated
thx
nate

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
My Advice? Because you have such little time before the season opener.
Take the Bow to your Nearest Bow shop for a visual inspection.
Let them see whats going on with it.
They will either repair it for you or tell you what needs to be done to fix it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not a good sign but solid advise from Bruce . Get it to a bow shop fast. Do not keep shooting. Hope it is not serious but could be. Play it safe and seek your pro shop.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sounds bad like a cam or something to the local shop asap:wallbash:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sounds like it could be a dangerous problem. Mechanical failures on bows rarely have happy endings. Like said above, go get it checked by a pro and be safe.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
All good advice from others. Could be something simple like a cam bearing but you don't want the bow blowing up in youir face! Really need to have a pro-shop look at it. Hope it is something simple!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts