Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am gonna buy another muzzleloader for next season, and i need help deciding. i have been using a friends cva optima elite and i like it but i just need some opinions on wat to get.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can't go wrong with a TC Omega or Triumph. They cost more but the accuracy is there with the right bullet/powder match. The Encores and Prohunters are nice but too expensive in my opinion and may require another $50-200 to accurize them. (Mike Belm-hinge pins/trigger kit) Peek in on Gunbroker from time to time...they always have many TC's on the auction block. Knight's are good but unfortunatly out of business due to there inability to not keep pace with TC's marketing blitz. They are not out of business because of a poor product. Hats off to Knight for bringing the inline to market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After much deliberation and opinions from other hunters with muzzleloader experience I chose the Savage ML BP at Cabela's . It isn't cheep but I should have it for life. Seems like a good decision so far. Check out Randy Wakeman's muzzloader reviews online (tons of good info ). Good Luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
Better Choices

I have two ML guns, a TC Omega Z5 and a Traditions Buckstalker, both .50 cal.. Both have 3-9X40 scopes and shoot 1" groups at 100 yards. IMO TC is top of the line and accesories are easy to get. Traditions is a step down but accesories are also easy to come by. Good luck getting Savage stuff from anyplace but Savage. With the way they both shoot I'd take either of them over the Savage. Cheaper too!:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.