Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
have you hunted them before? Watch the wind. They will circle WAY AROUND to get the wind in their favor. So have open land down wind of the decoy. Oh and shoot as many as you can. Right now morning may be better than evening because of the coolness of morning but they will be out in the middle of the day here following the rake while it is wind rowing hay.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
As roon said the wind is so very important. I would've never thought that coyotes would eat apples and such. Oh, is the furry spinner the squeaking kind. I have one like that and it is cool.

R

·
0 Posts
I use to get to shoot a few coyotes when this farmer would see them out eating the tomatoes right off the plant.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
delbert check out a web site called varmit al's he's got a lot of good stuff on there

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will check that out joel....not sure if my spinner squeals,,,didnt read that on the box

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
get a thermacell for the sketters they work great

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
they work great for turkey never needed em for deer but the company says they wont spoke them and they also scent cartridges that have cover scent and plain that you can add your own deer scent too

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we will still have skeeters when season starts,,,some times in dec,,,never seen the scented ones...i need to look into it..never had a deer spook,,but the smoke made me wonder..

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
they said it some sort of flower scent i forget you can google the website an email them your questions they take a day or two to get back to ya:nerd:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i looked up thermocell ,,,the reg one is the flower scent ...they have a new ,earth..dirt scent for deer....did say you can put deer scents on old pads and send the vapor out

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
that might work,never tried it ,i've only used it for bugs .i like the idea of reusing the pads to save money

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wish I was closer to arkieland cause I sure would love to help you get rid of them.Early morning has always been the best for me.But I have killed them mid day too.Being down wind is the most important thing, 2nd being still.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea i wish you were to ...the sitting still part is hard at sun rise...untill we get a frost to slow the skeeters down...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts