Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Good stuff Ronn, I need to get me one or two of those cameras.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff Ronn, I need to get me one or two of those cameras.
buckshot thats from a covert II which is from dlc out of ky but they are made in china like everything else these days. i would suggest you check the bushnel from walmart, probably find it one their web site, pretty sure they come from the same co in china. less $$. $147 here in nh but we don't have a sales tax. best bang for the buck i've found.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am going to start looking, I want one that sends the picture out on via cell phone. I know it is probably pricey but I will use it for security at the farm when not deer scouting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am going to start looking, I want one that sends the picture out on via cell phone. I know it is probably pricey but I will use it for security at the farm when not deer scouting.
check out the covert special ops at dlccovert.com. you need a sim card so thats a cell phone service but its all yours. it will send a pic to your phone or to your computer. not sure on the cost of the camera. i've sent them an e-mail looking for a cost.

most of those remote deal like moultrie has and reconyx your pics go to a web site and you have to buy them from the company. i don't like that idea at all.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No I would not like the idea of buying my pic. I talked to a guy a while back that has one and he got a picture of a guy stealing his camera. The best part is he new the guy. You can imagine that conversation. He said he went to his house and told the guy I know you stole my camera. of course the guy denied it. Then he showed him the pics it sent to his cell phone of him cutting off the tree. :) You got to love technology.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
buckshot, the number i'm hearing is $349 for the camera plus a cell phone service that has a sim card. its my understanding that a trac phone uses a sim card and those are cheap. 349 is beter tahn any other i've seen. reconyx being darn near 600 plus the service and moultrie being 500 plus total

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am going to see what I can find. 349 is not that bad and I can add a line to our cell service for $10 plus tax.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going to see what I can find. 349 is not that bad and I can add a line to our cell service for $10 plus tax.
based on what i've seen thats not bad at all, at least comparatively speaking. checkout dlc covert on line and give them a call. good people there in ky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts