Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have two different places i can hunt and was wondering if yall mided looking at em. The First is my grandmothers land just out side of gratis ohio.
The Land is located in the yellow lines. The blueish dotted line is a creek that runs through the land

Preble County, Ohio: Online Auditor - Cookies

My second option Is my greatgrand mothers land in Camden ohio there is a creek and a pond here i can also hunt the field to the right of the house if your looking at it from the road.

Preble County, Ohio: Online Auditor - Cookies

Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I couldnt get the pics to post so jsut posted links

·
Registered
790 Posts
Both!! First option has more land but more surrounding neighbors (hunters?), Second seems to be more rural. Pick the one with the least surrounding hunting pressure. Both look very nice to me from the air but only leg work can tell the real story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They both have about equal land. I don't know much about how much pressure there is around either of em I do no the second place no one has knowingly hunted that land in quite a few years probaly around 5 to 10 years. Have only seen tracks so far this year no rubs or scrapes at either place

·
Registered
790 Posts
:wink:You answered your question! It's number two hands down. I still think you need to hunt both. I myself have many properties to hunt so I can stay on the hottest sign. That said I will still fall back and hunt some areas just because they over the years even with little sign just have the right make up that every year I know a bruiser is going to walk through at some point in time. Nothing anyone can tell you in opinion or guidance can trump old fashion leg work and time spent in the field however a property that has not been hunted in 5+ years all would say they would be all over that one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree, I'd work them both. I hunted Sycamore SP just NE of your families land. It holds some good bucks but is a tough hunt because a lot of it is tall grass fields w/ strips of trees, most of which are too small for a tree stand.
Just work them both and I would hunt the ones where the neighboring properties do see some hunting pressure as they will push the deer to your land.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well went out and put some new stands i got today up on that first piece of land and found some exciting actvity seen a ton of tracks deer poop and some rubs have a picture but cant figure out how to post it lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts