Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built it myself guys and gals. Been working on it on the weekends for about a month now. Pretty proud of my accomplishment. Going to wait to put a roof on it till next summer. That's right, the clubhouse is built around two trees! Enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks nice, almost to nice for the kids! By the way if the posts are pressure treated lumber it may be a good idea to at least put some braces in to keep the tops staight. as that stuff dries it will warp...

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
HM when would you have time to have a deck party w/ all the hours you have been working?
I may be able to go out there say during archery season!
no guarantee on how many hours I could work on the deck though

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
reason I need party attendees, they could paint while I'm at work. I start the 3 man rotation shift tomorrow night. Should end sometime in early August I hope. Makes for a long haul and lost summer back to back years.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks nice, almost to nice for the kids! By the way if the posts are pressure treated lumber it may be a good idea to at least put some braces in to keep the tops staight. as that stuff dries it will warp...

yeah going to put a roof on it sometime this summer... still considering my options there!

and yes you all are right, my wife and I go up there when our son is playing and sit on it like a deck! haha I didn't really scale out how big I wanted to make it, I just went with it. Bigger than I thought, but I still like it.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the comments. I'm the type of person who is a visual learner. When putting together toys for my son I look at the pic on the box, not the directions- I've done that with everything. Same for this,, I have to think about it for awhile and visualize what i want it to look like. My wife doesn't like that b/c when I start it doesn't ever "look right" to her, but I have yet to disapoint! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.