Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sons first deer taken this sunday during oklahoma's youth season.the buck was a 7 point the morning before.got in a fight looks like.it's truly something to witness when your with your child when they take their first deer.if you don't have children,you are truly missing out on one of god's greatest gifts.it weighed 110lbs.the pic was taken approx. 10 minutes before he shot.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My sons first deer taken this sunday during oklahoma's youth season.the buck was a 7 point the morning before.got in a fight looks like.it's truly something to witness when your with your child when they take their first deer.if you don't have children,you are truly missing out on one of god's greatest gifts.it weighed 110lbs.the pic was taken approx. 10 minutes before he shot.
Congrats to your son on his first deer. Taking a young man or woman hunting is probably the best thing we can do for our sport. Besides my grandson I have taken a couple of kids over the years that their dad didn't hunt but they wanted to. Now that I think about it I heard one of them is working as a hunting and fishing guide in Colorado in his spare time from college. So you never know.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Congrats on the deer I am tring to get one of mine to hunt 2 girls youngest shows some interest the older now way but loves to eat wild game told her next time she eats it it will have to be her own
but is more then the harvesting of wild game it is the time spent w/ the kids alone the times you can never replace or take away I am going to try & get my youngest out with me some point this year to young to hunt herself but going to set up the ground blind so she can at least go with me & get used to it
again congrats on your son's deer bet every bite puts a smile on both your faces

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
:biggrin: Congrats to you and your son. Im looking forward to those days. I have 2 daughters and a son being born next week!! (hopefully, unless it decides to stay in the oven a little while longer) My oldest is 6 and cant wait till I take our out in the woods with me. My 2 yr old wants to go as well, but im waiting till I can get a blind and her some better clothes before I attempt that one.. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Cool deal.. Post that dude in the gallery.

Ive transported deer like that before. On top of cardboard and garbage bags. Just roll the window down. :w00t:

·
Registered
562 Posts
great job, one idea though. You can get a rack to go on the back of your car so that you don't have to stink it up...it just attaches where the trailer ball goes. I think you can get them at cabelas (and I'm sure other places).

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not a car.it's an explorer,my wife's.thanks for all your comments.wasn't to bad to clean.gotta do what you gotta do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts