Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The real big stuff I will opt for my 300Win mag and either the 180gr NF or the 220gr Partition. I need the spot that the 7x57mm was going to fill which the gunsmith is not able to do until late spring of next year, so he and I will do something else after at that time.

I have two important deer hunts one in Tennessee in Dec and one in Louisiana in January and I want to take a 7mm on these hunts. So I am going with the Nosler M48 TGR Custom in 7mm08. I had a custom 7mm08 20yrs ago, built off a Sako action and it was a tack driver. I remember one hunt in the delta of Mississippi north of Vicksburg, where this deer kept sticking his head up above a fallen tree at 205yds from me so I started counting and timing when he would lift his head. When he did it the third time I put that bullet right at the base of his head where it joined the neck and I dropped him right there in his tracks, that was such a cool shot through those woods. So, as I said, I have a M48 TGR in 7mm08 going to be shipped to me in mid October, in time for my load work and have it ready for my hunts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
very cool. i looked at nosler. super name and rep but i gotta say their rifles are too much $$ for me. but probably worth it i would suspect.

·
Registered
824 Posts
More on "Options"

Oh to have the $$ to spend on options such as that . . . . . . . :wallbash:

Will have to be "content" with having to choose between the .300 Savage and the .270 this year. Too many choices . . . . . . .:lol:

RR

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would say different guy need different scope.

I got a ZOS 10-40X60 E-SF R6 MilDot Tacticle Rifle Scope from "WelcomeGet" last year and it work well on my gun. That stuff cost me $140.

Magnification: 10x-40x

Objective Diameter (mm): 60

I'm not sure if this scope fit other hunting guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts