Deer Hunting Forums banner

My New Toy

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rozman62 
#1 ·
Here is my new best buddy I bought last month. It is a Remington 7600 in .270 Win. I put a Bushnell Legend 3x9x40 scope on the roof. I plan on sighting it in during the holidays. If she holds =/< MOA then I will make some modifications to get the gun to fit me better.
I plan on putting on a 1" Sims recoil pad while cutting 1.25" off the stock. This will get my LOP down to 13". In addition I will take the pipe down from 22" to 18.5" to a carbine length which will also balance the gun better. Lastly the factory trigger pull is set to 6+ lbs which is way too high so I will either drop in a Timney trigger or have the existing trigger modified to 3-3.5 lbs.

See less See more
#4 ·
Roszman62, nice purchase. I have a Rem 760 that I put new 7600 stocks on it. It carries a redfield widefield 3X9 on top. I bought mine in 1974 and its a 30-06. You put together a plan to customize it to your specs, hopefully it becomes your next best favorite. People used to say pump actions were not accurate, they never shot these remingtom pumps. They are a great deer hunting rifle with plenty of accuracy. The only change i would have liked was to have bought a 280 cal. Nice Christmas present!:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.