Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
CR, congrats on the published article and on your successful hunt. While the debate will always go on regarding the desire/need for the big guns for deer, it always comes down to what trips your trigger, no pun intended. I am heading the other way but like the 358 with a really old bullet Sav 250-3000 a pipsqueak compared to the big stuff. Today, I find simple enjoyment hunting with older rifles in calibers that have nearly bit the dust. I am always looking for a Rem 141 in 32,35 cal in real clean condition. :wink: Anyway, again it was good reading!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nice job with the article Mike...

I enjoyed reading your article Mike. I didn't miss freezing my butt off, been there done that. Ruger is still chambering the Hawkeye in 338 Federal, isn't that basically a new version of your .358? I know that the ammo companies have always had trouble getting excitement going about the .358 calibers. I think that the 338 Federal would even shoot a little flatter then your .358 and hopefully wouldn't kick much more. I really like the way you have your Ruger Hawkeye setup with the leopold 1.5x5, it must carry like a dream...

Karl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts