·
Registered
3,608 Posts
nice job.looks like your having the same cold weather we got

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, it was about 10 degrees out that morning. Thankfully he came in at first light.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice buck, Did he have a previous injury that did that to the rack or is that just the way it grew?

Congrats

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations! that's a cool looking rack!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't get me wrong Hunting Man, I was thrilled to death to take this buck. After a long archery season where I had seen 3 real nice 2 1/2 year olds and possibly 1 3 1/2 year old and never was able to get a good shot it all came together for me that morning. I think the past 5 years have really paid off practicing QDM. The last buck I have shot on my property was a small 6 pt. and that was all I had been really seeing and shooting my whole life.
I think maybe this buck could of been possibly injured when a youth or in velvet. The left side of his rack curved in immediatly compared to his right side. Also, he must of been doing some fighting or really thrashing up a tree because his right main beam was broke off fairly recently. I could still scratch off a little bit of marrow from the open break. Anyhow, its the biggest buck I have ever gotten and will look nice on my wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts