Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I know I get alot of grief about watching American Idol, but this is a must see guys. When Alan Jackson first released this song, I loved it, but got tired of it in a way because the radio played it way too much. Haven't heard this song in probably 5 years and it resurfaced the other night on Idol. Keep in mind this is a 16y/o kid who can sing any song he wants, but he chooses this one. I DO actually remember where I was... I was in college at the time (2001) and I was spending my day off substitute teaching at my old high school. My old baseball coach came up to me in the lunch room as I was passing through and told me the twin towers had been hit by planes. I went to the Library and all the teachers and about 100+ kids were in there sitting on the floor watching the news. Brought tears to my eyes. This song the other night, after all that's gone on these past few weeks, made that tear come back. Here you go...

"I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young, faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us, but the greatest is Love".

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
He did well.. again..

I was in Walmart picking up something and all the workers were sitting next to a radio in lawn and garden along with most customers.. We moved back to electronics and watched the news..

Remember Newt G. getting on there and saying this was a modern day Pearl Harbor.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The biggest reason I had tears in my eyes was because I was in there with a bunch of kids... and that they had to watch those people jumping off the towers so that they didn't burn to death. Kids were asking all kinds of questions. Makes you get choked up answering those tough things. They are so innocent, that's not something they should have to "remember" in their past.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I was at the hospital, waiting for my physical therapy appointment on that fateful day. Earlier that summer I had re-arranged all the bones in my left wrist roller skating. I remember all of us staring open mouthed at the television mounted on the wall. It was all we talked about during the therapy session. Have spent 3 1/2 years in Iraq since then supporting the soldiers doing what they do and have lost friends and co-workers in the process.

The price we pay for freedom has not come cheap, not when it has come at the cost of sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, friends. Let us not forget them and keep ALL our military, the contractors who support them, and their families at home in our prayers.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was at home when the first "incident" happened, as was my wife. She soon left for work and I actually watched the second "incident" live. I stayed home all day feeling more and more lost as I called my wife at work (she was a bank manager) and kept them up to date on what was happening. I never went to work that day.

I never lost the sinking feeling that my entire military career had been for naught, as I saw our great country attacked on OUR soil. Within a few weeks, I finally ended up wanting to re-enter the Army and spend a year overseas as my "personal" pay-back. My family was great, they all said they understood and would never say not to go. The answer from the Army was, they would not promise me overseas duty and wanted a promise of another 3 full years after I'd already been retired for over 5 years. I didn't go.

I had already spent, by 2001, almost two full years of my life in the Middle East, but I would have gone back in a minute, if promised, for another full year because that day affected me so much. To me two days each year are very special to me when it comes to my military career. One is Memorial Day, a very important day on my calender, each and every year. The second is 9/11 as I will never forget what those sights did to me and what they made me try to do.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
saw this on the news guys... scotty mccreery went back to his home town of garner, NC and got a BIG surprise while up on stage!

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: Two thumbs up for an awesome performance!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think they shoulda voted him off a long time ago !! My top three was Haley, Casey, n Jason. Now Haley is the only one of the three left. Hope she takes it all!!!!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think they shoulda voted him off a long time ago !! My top three was Haley, Casey, n Jason. Now Haley is the only one of the three left. Hope she takes it all!!!!

Such blasphemy! Haley, seriously? WOW! Who was jason? Do you mean Jacob? Gotta remember country has ALOT more listeners and fans than all that other new aged stuff.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also think it's awesome that a 16 y/o kid is so strong in his Christianity. Putting God first in his life has been his #1 goal. I would have to say God is his #1 fan right now!

·
Registered
773 Posts
lol i just now seen that i ment james durban not jason lol a good friend of mine his name is jason durban, and yep im sticking with haley, i think james and scotty both dont need the idol to go on well scotty might caz although he does sing good hes got a aragont stance to him that just erks me lol always got his head cocked to one side or the other , mic almost upside down with four finger tips with one hand and one finger from the other. he spends more time posing for the girls than singing. he does have a deep country voice but he only sings songs that stick to that caz he cant do much else. all i see of him is a great cover artist or a one hit wonder. thats only if he can find a new sond that will fit his voice.
haley has put her own touch on all he songs. you tube haley reinheart house of the rising sun (her voice is awesome

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he spends more time posing for the girls than singing.

Name one HS kid that doesn't do this?!?!? hahaha

he does have a deep country voice but he only sings songs that stick to that caz he cant do much else

Not all of his songs on Idol have been deep voiced. Youtube him and see for yourself. I do admit, he still has a long way to go. He's raw, but he's only 16 y/o! I think by the time he's 25 or so, his voice will be more mature and he'll be well on his way to a succesful career. James Durban had the best voice out of everyone, but to me, he chose the wrong songs. Now, I liked his song choice, but you have to remember that Idol voting is done primarily through texting and what age group does the most texting out anyone? TEENAGERS. That's why the final 3 are two teenagers and one girl who looks like a teen. Plus, Haley's the one with an attitude... she showed it on stage each time she was in the "bottom 3". Scotty is just uncoordinated.. comes across as cocky gestures, but he's just new to the stage.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I dont realy care if they go to church or not
Im listening to their voice
Haley is the only one left thats ready for the next level

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well... bye bye Haley. You just weren't A.I. material. Once again, country music fans are the majority. TWO singers (both country) beat out a pop/rock singer. You'd think the country votes would've been split more and it would've been one country and Haley... but that goes to show you, Country music is HERE TO STAY!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I simply think the idol viewers are mostly country folks Tator. :nerd: I do think they have the two best singers from the group correct. In all honesty after the winnner is crowned, I don't think s we'll hear too much from these two. I was mad when Chrystal didn't win! She could sing anything! Don't hear much from that Chris dude who couldn't sing and won. Daultry should have won his group just look at him now! :ibtl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts