Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They come in Adult and Youth models. I had really wanted a Savage, but the guy I order my guns from said he couldn't get a Savage right now; all of his supplier were completely out, and I really wanted a 243 before gun season opened here Saturday. I wasn't looking to drop a load on money into one, and since I'm only going to be using it a couple of weeks out of the year, I didn't see any foul watching my pennies.

I ended up getting this adult size mossberg maverick 243. It's a base gun with a blued barrel, black composite stock, and a recoil pad. It's nothing fancy, but I'm wanting it to kill deer with it, not to show it off as a trophy gun.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
BB, I think I saw on line a youth model called the Mossberg Maverick in 243. My 2010 gun book doesn't show one though.
I guess it's a new model that I just haven't seen or heard about yet.

Good Luck with your new Mossberg rifle TSYORK...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I agree the Marlin is a better choice..

I would grab the Marlin before taking the Mossberg in my opinion. Work the bolts on both. I know the Marlin also has a trigger similar to the new Savage accutrigger that allows a better trigger pull weight.

Karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.