Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I hunt, there are more doe's than bucks. Because of this it seems that it is hard to tag a buck. Any ideas on what I can do to get the bucks that are out there into my fridge???

·
Registered
820 Posts
Wait until the rut maybe. The bucks are usually where the does are during the rut. I'm in the same boat as you, not seeing many bucks but the does are there.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
stay on top of them does during the rut,there ur pot of gold.if u can stay with the does the bucks will be there

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
trophy rock, trophy rock, trophy rock! I know you guys are tired of hearing me say this, but TRY IT. If you have bucks around your area they will find this mineral rock. They are usually around $12-$15. They last a while, if it rains it will soak into the ground. I personally bought 2 trophy rocks this season and set them out early in front of my trail cams. I saw more bucks than I knew were on the property. PLUS I was able to schedule my hunting time by the times they were passing/licking the rock. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem where I hunt. I've read mix reviews on calling when the deer ratio is more doe than buck..what do you guys think about rattling and other calling in this kind of situation?

·
Registered
134 Posts
tator is right the rock does work and i also agree with the others watch the doe get your buck and then shoot the doe good luck hope he's a big one

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Sounds like you DO need to harvest some does this year. I would find out what your limit is and maybe take 2-5 does. Remember, the MORE does there are, the less bucks have to look for them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are you looking for meat on the table or a trophy? Cannot eat the horns take a few of the does out.
oh don't get me wrong, i max out my doe tags. but when i run out of them....
where i hunt, the regulation is you get 3doe only tags and 2 either sex tags. so since i rarely see a buck, i end up filling 5 doe tags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts