Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these pics in an email from my brother.. Supposedly a sheep farmer in Alton Illinois kept losing sheep so he decided to put up an electric fence.. 10 days later this is what he found.. Each wire on the fence is 10 inches apart.. That joker could swallow me whole no prob.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I cant say what im thinking:bag:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
What in the ???????????? I'm assuming that the snake tried to bite the fence after it zapped him. If I were a farmer I would've crapped myself. Any word on where it came from etc?????

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Oh My
I wouldn't even be a snack for that thing
hunters there may want a bigger gun

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
WOW.....:shocking:.....

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What makes me wonder about these pics and story is the fact that it would have to be an imported pet that someone let go or it got out. I do know this happens but chances are slim.. There are pythons in FL now according to some sources but they all came as imported pets that were for some unknown reason let out into the wild.

I doubt I would attack that size snake with a hoe..:bag:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I saw this pic some time, maybe a year or two back. I don't believe it was from Illinois, but it sure is a big snake. Buckfever made a good point. They are finding lots of exotics in FL and the southern US. Massive pythons and even cobras are finding their way into our environment. Look at those darn snakehead fish that have flourished in the Potomac. Russian Boars are breeding with ferrel pigs and here in the east we have a problem with a new hardier breed of coyote. I think I'm gonna need more bullets!:wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to FL

I'm about to go to FL next week to fish with my best friend. He told me that pythons aren't the only problem. I guess there are also iguana's that are an invasive species and they are all over the place. Him and a friend talked me into catching a few and cooking them up. I'll try anything once.

I'm usually not squeamish, but that picture freaks me out. I'm not afriad of snakes but I don't like them either.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
read in todays paper some guys python escaped in Florida and killed a 2 yr old

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
That guy should be beaten for not taking care of that darn snake...no snakes should ever be allowed as pets especially that size and when there are children living there too....I'm disgusted with the negligence of some people.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I cant imagine what I would do if that happened to one of my little girls.. Someone would probably hang from a rope for sure.. Thats sad.. I feel sorry for the folks that loved that little young one..

I wonder why they had to wait for a search warrent to go inside and get the snake.. If it already killed 1 person wouldnt that be reason enough to enter without a warrent.. That would be like having an armed crazy man in a house that already killed someone and waiting on a stupid piece of paper before the cops could go in and shoot the moron..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Burmese pythons are no joke. I use to own a couple ball pythons but they only grow to 6 feet. I wasn't aware that constrictors had such nasty fangs. Man it makes me glad to be out of the reptile business.

Speakin of gettin out of businesses, does anyone want a parrot thats mean as hell? :ranting: I might get some early practice for dove season if she won't shut up soon. :lol: JK

1 - 17 of 17 Posts