Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Germany!

I have bought a Marlin 336 CS L.A. rifle and want to use the Hornady Leverlution ammo for roe deer and red deer hunting. would this be a good choice? Any suggestions and expiriences?

Regards

Kirrmeister

R

·
0 Posts
what caliber? not that it makes much difference because i think you only have a couple choices in each caliber. anyway i think whatever shoots the best from your rifle.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yes they work together great taken 2 deer so far with that combo and both dropped on the spot

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
hello Kerrmeister, I have a curious question. The rifle you selected would be considered somewhat of a short yardage rifle here in the states. Where you hunt, what is the average shot distance and weight of the game you are hunting? The 30-30 has been around a very long time. The old standard bullet weight use to be 170 gr. I haven't shot any of the newer offerings in 30-30 I still use 150 gr. To sum up, I would be interested in your average shot distance and game weight you'll be shooting. Thanks HM

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have found that any ammo made by hornady is a great choice and that you cant go wrong with it. atleast thats what shoots good in my ruger m77 30/06

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Hunting Man!

Here in southern Bavaria in the Alpes we mostly hunt in the forest. There the average distances are about 60 to 70 meters. The game we take is roe deer (in USA not common), weights are from 14-22 kg field dressed, red deer (common in the USA) from 30 kg to 100 kg and very scarce chamois from 25-40 kg. I think the .30-30 with the new bullet will be a good choice for them all.

Regards

Kirrmeister

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hornady has a free CD available that shows all their products in action, including the new lever action ammo. Try www. Hornady.com. From what they say, it should do a good job for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thanks for that tip onehorse

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
signed up over there lots of useful info,thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So since today I'm a happy man. I was able to grab one box of the hornady Leverlution. Tomorrow I'll test it in my Marlin 336 CS and then I can get any game in my hunting ground.

Regards

Kirrmeister

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
congrats i think you'll be happy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I shot that bullit out of my marlin 336 only it was in 35REM good bullit but my gun didnt like though i would shoot what your gun likes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts