Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in case anyone remembers how exited i was last year to have found a spot with more deer sighn than i had ever seen in one place, only to find out 1/2 way though the season that it had been over run by coyote. Ronn came down and helped me scout a nice back up place. we found some good sighn, but nuthing to make us jump up and down. i only got a few chances to hunt after that, but finnershed the season were me and Ronn had scouted. then after deer season ended i went back to my old spot to chase the coyote off, and kill em if i could. sucsedded in getting rid of them without ever fireing a shot at them, but in doing so got in the good graces of the land owner. any way i never got the chance to take down my stand, wich worked out perfect for me only finding out last sunday that i might actuly get a chance to hunt some this season. any way last sunday i got to spend a few hrs in the woods and had a doe under my stand for 10 min in that last 1/2 hr your alowed to hunt for the day. much to my surprize my boss told me if i wanted this weekend off that i could have it. he knew how much i wanted to hunt, pluss today was my sons 8th birthday. anywayi got out in the woods yesterday for a few hr pm hunt. saw nothing but squrils. then this am, again nothing but squirls. iv been usedto this, usualy in NH you only get to see maybee one or 2 deer per season. and thats if you have dont your scouting, and can spend some real time hunting, nether of wich were options this year. but desided to go have a look at that place me and ronn had scouted last year. no sighn what so ever, so i descided to stick with were i had seen the doe last sun. i got out into the woods a little later than i had wanted. i settled into my stand 1 hr before sndown, hopfull that mabee the doe would come back, this time with a buck folowing her, but not expecting it. not long after setleing in i let a few doe bleats go with "the can". after that i kept hearing noises off in the distance to far off to see. you know the kind, "is it a deer, or just a squril" any way with that last 1/2hr that give you they started getting closer, and closer. with only a few minits left of leagle light thet were withing 75 or 80 yards. they finaly got to me 2 minits too late to shoot. she was back, but not with a buck chaseing her like i had hoped. at that moment the woods got so loud i could have driven my jacked up bronco though the woods and made less noise. this was because she did not have "a" buck chasing her like i had hoped for........ she had no less that 5 of them chasing her agound in circles near my stand. i had to/ got to sitt there for about 15 minits watching the shadows chase her around in the dark. one of them was big, real big. any way i think she put the slip on them. that means in 4 short trips into the woods this season i have seen more deer than i normaly do in 3 or 4 seasons. ill be going back on thanksgiving day, and talking with the land owner to see if they mind if i set up several stands on there land. without the coyote this spot would have been good two years running now. and my bro in law shott one less than a 1/2 mile away from there the year before. i think i have found my "hony hole."

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya good buck to doe ratio there, in all my years i have neer seen anything like it in NH. ya the boss seems cool and i like the job. verry chalaging but good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts