Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crawdaddy,

what will the scope be mounted on? have heard about problems keeping scopes zeroed on larger caliber rifles. But on a .223 / 5.56 everything has been fine.. I sighted in during the middle of the day. With the cap on it was fine.. The scope has an automatic shut-off if the light is too bright. sighted mine to 100yds and have no problem shooting out farther. Am currently looking for a better I/R light. the one that comes with the scope is not the greatest. only reaches out @75 yds. been using a ND3 green laser designator in conjunction with the NV scope. works great out to about 200 - 250 yds.

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is mounted on an AR15. The scope works fine in the day with the cap on but the crosshairs disapear during the day. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
turn the intensity (brightness) of the cross hairs up. Should have knob on it possibly numbered , for the intensity of the brightness of the cross hairs. Just remember to turn it down alittle when night shooting.

· Registered
189 Posts
Well, I feel little stupid. There is about five notches on the housing but the knob turns about twenty.

Crosshairs are definitely bright now!

I put a laser bore sighter in so it is close. Now to go to the range.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.