Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Busted another one tonight.. Am really impressed with this ATN scope. it is only a gen 1+ , but it works very well.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
A hog with some character. I havent seen one with those colors before.

Like Ive said before I think it would be a blast to NV some hogs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Busted another one tonight.. Am really impressed with this ATN scope. it is only a gen 1+ , but it works very well.
I bought an ATN about 6 months ago but have yet to sight it in. My range makes us quit shooting 30 minutes before sunset so it is still too light to use even with the cap on.

Any suggestions for a newbie to NV? :sad:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crawdaddy,

what will the scope be mounted on? have heard about problems keeping scopes zeroed on larger caliber rifles. But on a .223 / 5.56 everything has been fine.. I sighted in during the middle of the day. With the cap on it was fine.. The scope has an automatic shut-off if the light is too bright. sighted mine to 100yds and have no problem shooting out farther. Am currently looking for a better I/R light. the one that comes with the scope is not the greatest. only reaches out @75 yds. been using a ND3 green laser designator in conjunction with the NV scope. works great out to about 200 - 250 yds.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It is mounted on an AR15. The scope works fine in the day with the cap on but the crosshairs disapear during the day. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is mounted on an AR15. The scope works fine in the day with the cap on but the crosshairs disapear during the day. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
turn the intensity (brightness) of the cross hairs up. Should have knob on it possibly numbered , for the intensity of the brightness of the cross hairs. Just remember to turn it down alittle when night shooting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, I feel little stupid. There is about five notches on the housing but the knob turns about twenty.

Crosshairs are definitely bright now!

I put a laser bore sighter in so it is close. Now to go to the range.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts