Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a reliable pump-action 12 gauge shotgun. I'd like something durable and relatively light-weight. I would like to use this for all types of hunting (waterfowl and upland).

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I had a Mossberg 835 & loved it the only drawback to it is if you want to shoot slugs you need to buy a slug barrel as the 835 (not sure about the rest of the mossbergs) are overbored but still a very good gun the Remmington 870 is probably the most popular. only reason I got rid of the mossberg is I have a short wingspan & the mossberg had a long throw on the pump (was hard for me to do sometimes if I was not concentrating on racking a second round) & they like to be racked hard. If I did not do it right once in a while the shell would not chamber & fall out the bottem but my buddy has the 870 & he sent his back for the same thing said about 1 out of 5 would not chamber. sold my mossberg to a friend of mine & he loves it. so I went with a semi auto cheap Charles daley & I have to say I was nervous buying a cheap semi but this gun really impressed me. BUT I know it won't last me as long as a mossberg or a remington but for the price I don't mind taking it out through the elements. If I have to buy one every 10 years I will get another one

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remington 870 magnum camo

I have a Rem.. 870 magnum camo pump shotgun Im willing to sell... Its like new I only used it 1 time.. Its the turkey shot gun.. MSRP for it is 567.00
I just dont use it anymore.... Ill take 450.00 for it.
You can email me about it if your Interested in it. Im in northern Michigan
let me know.. I can send you a pic of it if you would like....:crazy: thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a mossberg 500,and I also bought a fully rifled slug barrel for it.Can't wait to put a deer down with it.I'm shooting hornady sst's.Back on the subject.I have also had a 870 or two.I believe the remington to be a better built gun.Keep in mind it was a 870 wingmaster about 25 years old.I have not owned a newer one.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i know that no one is going to agree with me on this one, but i am a big fan of the mossburg 500
i'll agree with ya i use that thing for birds,small game ducks geese,swap barrel and deer too all for 250$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts