Deer Hunting Forums banner

Looking for good sabot slugs

20K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  westernny 
#1 ·
I've shot two boxes of buckhammers out of my fully rifled scoped 870 from 75 yds and can't get good groups. I think it might be some shooter error but the groups are over 10 inches and others have shot my gun with somewhat same results. I bought two boxes of Hornaday sst today and am going to try to see if i can get better results with these. If you have any other suggestions i would be happy to take them thanks!

#46 ·
I shoot winchester BRIs 2 3/4 out of super X full rifled barreled. It shot 4inc 5 shot groups at 100 no problem . I shot Rem. Copper solids 10inc at 50yds ! At 100 never hit the target ! So like with rifles slug gun's have there preference to what they like to shoot . As far as shooting a fouler befor testing . I don't know about you but I very much want to know where that first shot is going to hit out of a clean barrel ! After all your first shot at a deer is going to be out of a clean barrel ? These are shotguns not bench rest rifles .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.