Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned today from a memorial for a friend who passed away suddenly on Dec 28, 2009 .He was only 50 years old with a wife and two daughters ages 14, and 10.He was a deer hunter an felllow ice fisherman like myself who spent endless hours with his daughters instilling in them the type of ethics and compassion that would make anyone proud to call him a friend.It Made me realize that some of the gripes I've had in the past were so trivial and petty. Tonight I'm going hold my wife and kids tightly and reflect on the memories that we have created and plan on making many,many more.Take time to spend quality time with your spouse, children , and friends as if it may be your last.Life is to short to worry about the things that in the long run do not matter .Don't be caught saying I should have.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup , to watch and listen to his young daughters get up and speak so highly of there dad really said a lot for the way that he raised them. Their mother asked me if I would take them out hunting and ice fishing and I said that I would be honored. I came home and talked with my kids and they were glad to help also.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. And I pray his family all find comfort soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks , I 'm having a hard time with this one ,maybe its that our kids are basically the same age and that I'm close to his age . I think this may change the way I look at a lot of things.

·
Registered
798 Posts
huntr-, it's a question of getting ones prioities in order, and you have them just as they should be. Thanks for making that point as it is SO easy to get side-tracked with much less important matters.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
verry sad. sorry for your loss. glad to hear he had a friend good enuff to step up and help his kids do the sport that he enjoyed doing with them. i hope he is with god now.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Huntr, my thoughts and prayers go out to your buddy's family and to you for his passing! Those who know me here know I've lost my two best hunting buddies and I know it hurts! Best wishes to you!HM

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sorry for your loss its a shame that it takes a tragic event to remind us what is truely important,thanks for the reminder i'll give the wife a hug extra tight tonight,god bless

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks , sincerely I am trying very hard to redirect my priorities.I'm taking his youngest daughter who is ten ice fishing this weekend with my kids and wife.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts