Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out in California and would love to buy some land back in Virginia or North Carolina and put in a food plot (of course this is still in the dream stage). I have hunted the last two years back in Virginia and I'm hooked on Whitetail hunting. In fact last month was the fist time I shot a buck out of my tree stand. I have permission to hunt a small piece of private land. I have been reading a lot on the work in takes to place and manage food plots so I'm guessing that it would be difficult to put in a food plot with out flying back and spending lots of time getting it to stick. I can't tell you how much I wish I lived back there so I could spend the time to manage a piece of land to make it a great hunting spot for me and my family. So my question is it even possible or am I just out of luck.
Thanks, Jimbo

G

·
check with the QDMA they may have list of folks that do food plots for people and also could help with what, where, and how much to plant. they are a great source of info and i would recommend everyone join. although they are very seldom heard of or seen here in nh. i hope to change that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ronn I will do that. I envy all of you that live back east!! I took my boys back with me this year and my youngest (14) shot his first deer and I'll tell you that was the most proud I've been in a long time. The look on his face when that deer went down will live my memory banks for ever! I would love to have a place that we can go back to every year and hunt. I'll get in touch with QDMA and pick their brains on the subject.

Jimbo

G

·
the down side of long distance and going through the expense is eventually others will know about the plot and hunt it. just can't baby sit it. maybe a neighbor or the guy that puts it in can keep an eye on things for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.