Deer Hunting Forums banner

links to hunting area maps??

8K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  hunt NH 
#1 ·
I saw bowhuntinsoldier's post about how to set up in his area, and the map links and suggestions. This is something I have been thinking about doing too. After all, there's a LOT of knowledge on this site, and maybe we could use it to gang-up on some of these bucks. How do guys feel about doing more of this? Of course, there's the risk of other folks finding out about your hunting spots to be considered.

#5 ·
I'm new to the site but not to Google Earth. Is a great tool. Will give you lat. and long. for where you hunt, too. And, just found out yesterday, has a "ruler" so you can measure distances for not only straight lines but for paths so you know how far it is to your stand. Best part is, you can zoom out and check out the surrounding property to yours to find out where the other water supplies are, houses, roads, etc... without having to do a lot of driving or walking! Good luck!

#12 · (Edited)
what you guys think of this location? i scouted it by foot with my son. found tons of scat, and a few scrapes. there is a and got busted by what i beleave to be a deer. (dident see it, but heard if a 100 yards off or so.) this land si by no means flat, and the clear cut trail off to the left is farly hevaly hunted.

43.243077,-71.602964 - Google Maps

43.243702,-71.603565 - Google Maps

#13 ·
I bat A lot of hunters would want to get deep into the center of this area, I'd personally try to stay on the lower section closer to the water like off of Lake View Rd. but not on the water side, I'd slide in on the forest side but wouldn't venture too deep into the woods.

#19 ·
huntnh, all the spots you're posting are very similar to Vermont woods.
If you're scouting and finding good sign in any area chances are it's probably
a good spot depending on how much those areas are getting pounded by other hunters.

#20 ·
i hunt state land and all ready have too many people to compete with im not playing this round:yucky:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.