Deer Hunting Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Oh I was on Google Earth not Google Maps, now does anyone ever recall a member posting a pic of their hunting area by Google but showing labels of corn/soybean fields, white oaks, creeks and stuff. I think it was done using the "paint program".

TG, are you saving the image as a bitmap and then using paint to mark it?

I use Google Earth and set it to my location and go to "File"---"Save"---"Save Image" then type in the name you wish to give the map and save it. With my PC it is saved under "documents". I click on "documents" and find the map file name and click-drag it to "pictures". Then go to "paint" and click "File"---"Open" which takes me to "pictures" where I am able to load any pic from the pictures category and paint away. When I finished painting I save the new painted pic and then transfer it to Photobucket and then proceed to put it into the forums like I normally would any pic......I went step by step in describing this and I am very sure that it is to the smallest detail.

Thanks TG, Later on I'll give it a try, I can see where this is going to be helpful to be able to print out the pics to coordinate hunts while hunting with friends.

thats pretty cool TG maybe after the season i will post up my map as i wont be hunting it anymore once i move

I would love to get an advice which area to choose?

I am looking at 2 places in general (depending on wind, and human traffic). I had scouted both and saw some deer signs at both.

1) 45°8.020'N 87°6.348'W (I plan to scout along the spring there, it has high grass and swamped). I saw a deer bed there.

2) 45° 14.253'N 87° 1.500'W
I believe that the second one is most likely to be heavily hunted (I saw a permanent stand on the edge of swamp opening as well as a coke can, and there were other cars when I did scouting), but then again its more forested and less open land, so hopefully not many hunters will go deep inside. I saw a scrape down there, and also some deer scat. My plan is to scout that area between the ATV trail going south and the swamp opening, but to stay somewhere in the middle between them.

I'd love to hear if I should focus on one of those areas and why.

allot of land there. to the north looks like that kinda pot hole terrain. good cover for deer. also a good place to get turned around. I'd concentrate on the area between the flat stuff, the pot holes, to the north west and the fields to the east. way back in but...........

still with all those coyotes i'd relocate. or get in there real early up against that northwest flat.

just got back from talking to that home owner who was having the problems with the cyotees. she sead that she would love for me to come in and deal with tham cyotees. she sead that 2 weeks ago they killed one of her cats, that the one she was yelling at was in the back corner of her yard barking at her, and that she is afraid to let her kids out to play in the morning and evenings cause of how many cyottes are back there. her grandmother is the one who owns all the fields in the area and would have no problem with me hunting them there.:pickle::thumbup:

cool keep in contact with those folks and try to spend time whacking a coyote or 2 or all you can. if they end up closing the land to hunting you got an in.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.