Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the scoop on these attachments to your set up? What should I be looking for? Limb silencers are around 33.00 and string silencers around 10.00. Have a BEAR LIGHTSOUT with a 56 lb. pull split limbs. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For for the most part both are required. Now the string silencers will take away speed from your bow but when hunting its not that big of a deal. It will help you from keeping the deer from jumping your string. Now the limbsilencers will keep the vibration from the bow releasing the string from making so much noise. All of this goes to keep the deer from squating on u when u shoot. Now i will tell u that my bow shoots 300 ft per second but sound travels at 1100 fps so no matter how much sound u take away it will be hard to keep them from hearing the shot but they all help.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i use string silencers,cat whiskers.dont use limb silencers dont need em.each bow is different.have a friend listen to you draw and shoot.if they hear something then a deer will hear it,if they dont hear anything you done need them.the bow companies sell that stuff to make money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts