Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a proven way to get out of your stand at night with out scaring the life out of the deer under your stand. I've tried snorting, barking, throwing stones, nothing seems to work 1st time before they start looking up at you. Anyone???

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
There is no tactic other than waiting.. Yes it gets boring.. Especially when its 30 mins after dark and you can still hear, barely see them moving around under you..

If you got the time try and wait for them to leave. Especially if your a hunter that is planning on hunting this same stand in the next day or two.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
take a weapon with you, that usually works real well... :lol:

just kidding I'd use a can bleat while exiting the stand, that may spook them away temporarily but the can bleat may make them wonder what you really were.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Just wait em out if you can. I read somewhere that a fella uses a slingshot and tags a deer close by just to get them running outta there. But I would just wait it out.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
One thing I do is even if there's a few minutes of legal hunting time left but no deer in my area I'll exit my stand then to avoid being caught. I know this doesn't answer your spefic question but just something I do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the laugh Bruce, right in line with what I might say! I'll give it a try, I hunt by a high density of deer that come out of a neighboring 1200 unhunted acres. It never fails that does will be in the field right at dark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do I wait until you can't see them when they are 10 yards away, they blend so well especelly when it starts getting dark. I just hate them knowing and seeing me lower my bow, climbing down ect. You know they can see for a good half hour later then humans can with those big ole peepers! I'll try an M-80?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts