Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year we had a nice 6 pt we let go to see what he would be this year!! We got him on camera this year and he is a Giant 6 pt......So what do you guys thing?? is he gonna get bigger or stay a 6 pt forever?? I think he is on the hit list this year!! The pic that says 2007 is really last year(dates are messed up)...the other 3 are from this year

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
Last year we had a nice 6 pt we let go to see what he would be this year!! We got him on camera this year and he is a Giant 6 pt......So what do you guys thing?? is he gonna get bigger or stay a 6 pt forever?? I think he is on the hit list this year!! The pic that says 2007 is really last year(dates are messed up)...the other 3 are from this year
i think he's a 6 and is ging to pretty much stay that way. he may grow a little crap but probably nothing worth waiting for. i'd whack him if i got the chance. but thats me.

if the dates are correct he was 2.5 in 07 makes him 5.5 this year.

what is that camera? pretty rough. 9 am and a flash? me thinks the clock is worng.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ronn the pic that says 2007 is from last year the date and times were messed up.....the 3 pics from this year, My buddy checked the camera and took a picture off his computer with his cell phone and texted them to me, thats why they look a rough. lol The cameras are actually pretty good for the money. I think they are the d55 moultri flash $99. they take good pics, trigger speed is a little slow, battery life is great!

R

·
0 Posts
still thats 3.5 this fall and i really doubt you'll see much improvement in the head gear. i'd whack him if i had the chance.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Trophy hunters are going to let him go another year as he hasn't maxed out yet if nutrition is good. However, I'm not a trophy hunter and he would be on my list. He still looks young in the body, rest of pictures are a bit fuzzy to get a real good look at him.

R

·
0 Posts
Trophy hunters are going to let him go another year as he hasn't maxed out yet if nutrition is good. However, I'm not a trophy hunter and he would be on my list. He still looks young in the body, rest of pictures are a bit fuzzy to get a real good look at him.
hm the first pic is last year. i'd say 2.5? so the fuzzy pics are this year making him 3.5. he might improve but i really doubt it'll be worth the wait.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I thought that he wouldn't peak till 5.5-6.5 then maybe start some reduction in total score after that. I wouldn't pass him up though. He's a nice 6! He may always be a nice six, I think he still could max out on score some more though, if it was a controlled area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is a big 6. I would like to say let him go another year, but if he wonders over to the next farm I doubt they would do the same. Tuff call!!! Let us know how it goes.

R

·
0 Posts
I thought that he wouldn't peak till 5.5-6.5 then maybe start some reduction in total score after that. I wouldn't pass him up though. He's a nice 6! He may always be a nice six, I think he still could max out on score some more though, if it was a controlled area.
maybe .

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
6 maybe all hes got in him.. Hes a good looking buck
We had one like that a few years ago he was a scrapper i don't know how many fights i had pic of him in but it was a lot
You always saw him but he never would make the mistake and get closer than 50 yards
He got shot on one of are late slug days..when the guy went in to the tall grass to get him...he charged him and he had to take a shot from his hip to put him down
He had the horns drying on his back porch and some critter carried them off..
Shoot him while you can

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW that is a nice 6. It looks like he has gotten wider this year. It sure would be nice to see what he looks like next year. He has some serious potential. I guess it just depends on what you look for in a deer. If it is just meat then go for it. If you are trying to grow some trophy deer then I would probably let him walk one more year to see if he turns in to a moose. Unless like previous post said, if you neighbors are not on same page he might not make it next year. Tough call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts