Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well PA flintlock hunting was a bust with weather conditions really poor. We had rain last wednesday all day and then like many got the 1' of snow. It's always a good trip but nothing to show for our efforts. This is the first time the main charge got wet and turned to a black paste. Lots of fun cleaning.:thumbdown:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
No matter what happens, a bad day hunting always beats a good day working!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well PA flintlock hunting was a bust with weather conditions really poor. We had rain last wednesday all day and then like many got the 1' of snow. It's always a good trip but nothing to show for our efforts. This is the first time the main charge got wet and turned to a black paste. Lots of fun cleaning.:thumbdown:
AHHHHH the life of owning a sparky. Can't say I ever had that problem.:w00t::lol::lol:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, ok, but I have a new flintlock hunting buddy, he got hooked on just one trip and with bad weather. There must be something to it! His new rifle is a TC firestorm that is susposed to ignite pellets with 4f pan powder. He used regular black powder but it would be interesting to see if it works.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
dont you use the old electrical tape trick:confused:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that one joel, but there was so much snow coming down it went through the flash hole as moisture. This is with lock covers too. I don't like to coat the outside of the pan with things like beeswax or other products but maybe this time I should have. The conditions were bad. We didn't even hunt last wednesday due to rain all day.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
well at least you tried most would have given up and stayed home:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well you never know about the weather. Sometimes its a washout but other times the weatherman calls for bad weather and it turns out to be the best hunting all season. One things for sure you can't kill a deer sitting on the couch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts