Deer Hunting Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Vacation time has allowed me some extra garage time so I've been working on these two. The mistake knife is just about done and is spoken for and is the bottom one. I really was making it for myself but a mental error caused a production error and well I got mad. The top walnut knife is in progress but I like how it looks like it's on fire without any finish on it yet. It has some potential.................. I may hang on to it as it balances well in the hand. Everyone needs 15 knives don't they?

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
very nice, the sheaths are awesome too... :vs_rocking_banana:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Group picture of the last few weeks work. I still have to make a couple of sheaths but it's all enjoyment. The bottom walnut knife is my favorite and I have additional stock of the same walnut. I really like the color of the wood and leather. The left sheath goes with the bottom knife. I plan to make a small skinner with a 2" blade and maybe a Bowie later this year?? I need to locate some buckeye burl as my small supply has been used up on three of the knives.

Attachments

·
Administrator
226 Posts
Group picture of the last few weeks work. I still have to make a couple of sheaths but it's all enjoyment. The bottom walnut knife is my favorite and I have additional stock of the same walnut. I really like the color of the wood and leather. The left sheath goes with the bottom knife. I plan to make a small skinner with a 2" blade and maybe a Bowie later this year?? I need to locate some buckeye burl as my small supply has been used up on three of the knives.
They are all amazing but the one in the upper right hand corner is stunning.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
no on-line site. I haven't really sold many knives. As stated prior, most have been given as gifts to friends and family. I have sold on e-bay but very limited. I hope in two years that retirement will allow me to do a few more/year and also get a logo to add to the blades. I think "Hunting Man Knives" sounds about right :vs_closedeyes:If a request is made I can work something out. All the blades used are Made in the USA as they should be. Most blades are D2 steel which is a good all around blade steel as it holds a good edge and can be sharpened by most users. Occasionally I use A8 steel also a great blade steel. I appreciate the nice comments by all and I am learning as I go.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I hope you are not tired of the pictures......... so here is the walnut knife in the sheath. I have to decide if this one will go on the auction block?? I really like working with high end walnut and I was lucky to locate some in Canada.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
most definitely not getting tired of these pics

·
Administrator
226 Posts
no on-line site. I haven't really sold many knives. As stated prior, most have been given as gifts to friends and family. I have sold on e-bay but very limited. I hope in two years that retirement will allow me to do a few more/year and also get a logo to add to the blades. I think "Hunting Man Knives" sounds about right :vs_closedeyes:If a request is made I can work something out. All the blades used are Made in the USA as they should be. Most blades are D2 steel which is a good all around blade steel as it holds a good edge and can be sharpened by most users. Occasionally I use A8 steel also a great blade steel. I appreciate the nice comments by all and I am learning as I go.
I think you could definitely sell a bunch of these. :vs_closedeyes:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here is a batch of buckeye burl just out of the microwave. I have found that putting Tru-oil in a plastic bag and heating the wood infuses it with the oil and making it more water proof.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
awesome wood for sure !!!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts