Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Post titled hunting guns ought to hook you up. But in case you do not want to go there. 30-30. That would be the only kind- A Marlin.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
PLASTIC TRIGGER? What kind of gun has a plastic trigger I've never heard of that before.
next time your in wal-mart go check out there guns. i think it will be there. its a gray stock with a blued barrell, comes with a bushnell 3 by 9 scope. bolt action 30-06, model 710. in the $320 range. if they allow you to take them out of the case you will notice that it has a plastic trigger.
i got it from my wife for christmas the year before last. its a good shooting gun though. just kinda surprised when i took it out of the box and felt the trigger. started looking for made in china or bangladesh stickers then.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Post titled hunting guns ought to hook you up. But in case you do not want to go there. 30-30. That would be the only kind- A Marlin.
Amen brother say it loud,say it proud, MARLIN 30/30:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :pickle:

·
Registered
78 Posts
30/30

30-30 all the way i have killed all my deer on this gun it shoots great and is great for woods hunting. unless you are looking for a shot over 250 yds stick with a good ale 30/30

i say 250 yds and some may be why wondering why because the new leverevolution bullets are the new thing people have claimed to take down elk, and mulies up to 200 yds they make the bullet in 160 grain, and your best bet is to order them from midway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ME - REM 700BDL 30-06
WIFE - HOWA 1500 270
dAUGHTER - REM 600 243

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah,
May have to do something different this year.The gals was fightin over the 270 at the end of last year so it may be time to upgrade daughter dear. LOL

·
Registered
283 Posts
New to forum. I mostly hunt with a Marlin 336C in .35 Remington topped with a Bushnell Legend 2x7 scope. I hunt in NH where it is fairly thick so I need a brushbuster type of bullet. It isn't the fastest or flattest caliber choice but it sure knocks down what it hits out to 125 yards. Need to try the LeverEvolution bullets. Also have a Ruger M77 .30-06 but don't have much use for it where I live.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
hey rozman you should definitly try those leverlution bullets there great.i shoot them out of my 30/30 and they are way better then remingtons:thumbup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks buckfever,critter gitter. I personally use forums to share hunting ideas,experiences etc. to become a better student within the "Spirit of the Wild".
No room for smack talk in forums.

Hunting has become my life the last 25 years. Hunting in NH can be very difficult. Years ago I had seasons of seeing only 2-3 deer. This can wear on you and it's these times that you start to question yourself. It took me a few years but I realized it's not about getting a deer every year, it's about being outside unplugged from the everyday stress of society. This is the best medicine for the soul and defines the term "Spirit of the Wild". Getting a deer is just the bonus of the experience. Cavemen had to hunt to live but in my case I live to hunt.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
well said roz. i remember the first time i went hunting with my uncle for several days. i only saw 1 deer on my last day and really enjoyed just being outside. back then sitting in a stand till 10am hardly ever happened. now if i get out of the tree before 2 in the afternoon i feel like im cheating myself. my wife used to ask me how i could sit in a stand that long without every seeing anything but actually time goes quick for me. i just enjoy enjoying the outdoors.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts